The location of Rennie's Store, on the southeast corner, was originally the home of Albert Jeffery (1857-1905) of the Centerline Road, son of blacksmith Stephen E. Jeffery. Albert married Roannah Riley (1862-1929) - they had one adopted daughter, Pearl.
Below: Blanche (Rennie) Crockett home, former Albert Jeffery home.
Below: Blanche (Rennie) Crockett. Photo taken in the summer of 2002.
Below: The 2nd Rennie's Store, southeast view.
Below: Rennie's Store, northeast corner. Demolished in the summer of 2007.
Below: the northeast corner at Alma Corner - the Mountain homestead where Alvie Mountain operated a blacksmith shop.
Below: cf. page 104 of the Alberton & Area book showing Fred Rennie's Egg Waggon.
The new books about the History of Elmsdale tells much about the history of the Rennie's and the origins of the family with their forefather Luigi Riani (anglicised to Louis Rennie) coming from Tuscany, Italy with his a friend Mr. Platts around the turn of the nineteenth century. Louis' son Fred built and operated stores at Elmsdale and Alma corners.